9.10.2012

Helpful Hint

Hey, real quick.  It’s that time of year again.  When stores put away all their summer goods and start laying out their seasonal aisles for...

Halloween.

Which means if you go hit your local discount store right now, you’ll find tons of stuff to add onto larger projects or use for scenery.  Last year I found a great plastic skull for a dollar that became a wonderful set piece my lovely lady and I use all the time.  There are skull shot glasses that can make great columns or further scenery pieces. A few creepy cameo necklaces were hung on almost two feet of 40K scale chain.

I even saw a few necklaces that had tiny skulls and bones instead of beads—easily a hundred of them.  For three or four bucks, you could cover a one-foot square tile with bones and skulls.  That’s a Khornate demon world or maybe the Bone Middens of Commoragh.

I’ve got some super-cheap scenery coming up in the next month or so, but I thought I’d give everyone the heads up now.  Go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog while I was looking for some way to keep gaming without going broke. On a lark, I also picked up three of your books. I read all three in less than a week (I hold you responsible for my lack of sleep!). I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Joshua, many thanks for following along here--and for picking up the books. Believe me, I completely understand the desire to keep gaming but also put food on the table. And to have somewhere to put the table... :)

    If you've got anything in particular you'd like to see tackled, let me know. I'm thinking of doing another tank as my next Paperhammer project, plus a few cheap scenery pieces and conversions scattered in there. And if all goes well... Titans by the end of the year.

    And, if you like, check out the Facebook fan page for my more author-ly pursuits.

    ReplyDelete